MetaMask is a popular Ethereum wallet that also supports other networks through the addition of custom RPCs. This article will guide you through the process of manually adding a new network to your MetaMask wallet using the browser extension or mobile app.
Step 1: Open MetaMask Ensure MetaMask is installed and launched on your device.
Step 2: Log in Enter your password to unlock your wallet.
Step 3: Open the network menu Click on the current network displayed at the top of the window to open the network selection menu.
Step 4: Add a custom network Scroll down and click on "Custom RPC" or "Add Network."
Step 5: Enter network details Fill in the required information for the new network:
- Network Name: The name of the network (e.g., "Binance Smart Chain").
- New RPC URL: The network's RPC API URL (e.g., "https://bsc-dataseed.binance.org/" you'll find your node endpoint URL following the step in this article).
- Chain ID: Visit https://chainlist.org/ and search for the network to find the correct Chain ID (e.g., "56" for Binance Smart Chain).
- Symbol (optional): The network's native currency symbol (e.g., "BNB").
- Block Explorer URL (optional): A compatible block explorer URL (e.g., "https://bscscan.com").
Ensure you use accurate and up-to-date information from trusted sources.
Step 6: Save the network Click "Save" to add the custom network to MetaMask.
Step 7: Verify the network Check the network name and native currency symbol in MetaMask to ensure they are correct.
Adding a custom network to MetaMask is a straightforward process. However, exercise caution and only use information from trusted sources to avoid potential security risks.